Saturday, June 11, 2016

LIfe in the kitchen... training days!

dear diary,

its been 4 years working at my dad's restaurant.  it was one big ride and adventure.  i must say, it was pretty fuck up at times becos of lack of communication and lack of team work.  it was a frustrating time for me to take over a restaurant which i didn't really have a big interest for.  I mean i'm glad that i went through it, but fuck people really can be so old fashion and afraid of change for the better that i became an asshole in front of them.

Why i did come an asshole was because the people i worked with really was bullshit.  but i'm glad we sold it after i was there for 4 years to our partner.

i mean i don't mind the job even though i sometimes did dreaded going to work, since i have to wake up at 7 am and get to work to prepare everything without a real break (maybe 30 mins.)  and go home around 8:30pm.  6 days a week and on mondays(which is my day off), i still have to go to the supermarket to stock up whatever is gone.

It was dreadful at times not becos of the job, but becos of the people i have to work with in the kitchen.  Its like fuck... these old man, they really bully me when i'm the manager of the kitchen.  if i ask them polietly to finish up all the prepping for the day, they would puposely prep it all slowly until we get busy and have no time to prep it.  it always happens, and if i be firm with them... not yelling yet, they become assholish and starts putting metal wires on the food.. Good thing i caught them... it was hell!

So dealing with people even if you have the most respect and love for them, they just becomes jerks!  And these guys are all 10 to 20 years older than me.  I always felt like crying because i want to fucking yell at them.  But its like so hard to hire good kitchen workers, so they take advantage of me becos of that.  they know that if i fire them then i have to cook and i'll have to cook everything on my own.

overall the work was easy after you get use to it, since is about the same everyday and everyweek.  What was pulling me down was their attitude and their own fashion thinking and their cooking could of been wayyyyy better if they fellow exactly the way i want to do it.  But no everyone is like a bully to me!

So everyday to keep my self sane, i put on music from my ipod.  since the main cook is from HOng Kong, i put 50 songs from Canton pop 1980-1990s... and for the Filipino prep guy, i put in 50 Filipino songs, mostly oldies but goodies... and for the Taiwan cook i put in 80s mellow Taiwan pop like Teresa Tang and oldies like that.  but for me i put a mix of jazz, pop, new wave, classical, world, etc for international enjoyment!  Glad that earth is fill with different cultures!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment